PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Jandl, Ernst (Dinner With Ernst Jandl)

L Murasaki
19.08.2001, 01:10
I met Ernst Jandl several times shortly before he died, at home, over dinner, and I remember once, more or less out of the blue, he asked me what I thought about violence in the media .. I was a little surprised, and I think the first thing I said was : I don't particularly like it, but as far as I know, no one had really proven a direct causal relationship between violence in the media and violence in society .. in fact, I gave Japan as an example .. some of the most violent video games in the world are produced in Japan, yet Japan is one of the least violent societies on the face of the planet .. and, from a friend, who is a child psychiatrist, I had heard that not even so-called good television, educational television, like Sesame Street and Teletubbies, was really good for children .. what really seemed to matter was : how many hours did a child spend in front of a television, regardless of the program .. children who spent a lot of time in front of a television got lower scores on all sorts of aptitude and intelligence tests than children who did not watch television ..
I think this is where our discussion ended that evening, but I kept thinking about the question .. don't really know why, I just did .. actually, there had been some shootings in a school in Colorado, or something like that .. and people were claiming that somehow it was violence in the media that had caused the violence in the schools .. calls for censorship in Hollywood, new legislation in Washington .. Everyone wanted a quick fix, someone to blame; no one wanted to take the time to look into what might be the real cause for the shootings, no one wanted to ask more difficult or more painful questions, no one wanted to look for more demanding solutions .. violence in the media was obvioulsy the problem .. so, when I heard the reports about the shootings in Colorado, I thought about Ernst Jandl and his question .. and now I know what I think about violence in the media .. I don't like it, but I think Stumpfsinn is a much greater social ill than is violence on television ..
As far as I can see, Stumpfsinn (simple-mindedness is the only English term I can come up with right now)really is one of the worst, most dangerous social ills we humans face ..
thinking of you, Ernst Jandl
(Beitrag wurde von L Murasaki am 19.08.2001 um 00:12 Uhr bearbeitet.)

Giuseppe Binomi
19.08.2001, 01:46
Von dieser Seite habe ich Ernst Jandl noch gar nicht betrachtet.

Mein Freund Harvey
19.08.2001, 01:46
stellt sich neben L Murasaki, knickt lässig einen Löffel ab und steckt sich eine Möhre an
Und iff faff fwiffen den beiden![/SIZE]

L Murasaki
19.08.2001, 02:09
actually, I was surprised that he asked me the question, and even more surprised that it stayed in my mind the way it did ..

Tylor Durdon
19.08.2001, 04:00
Well L. Murasaki,
you are quiet an interessting personality. Interesting story, well formed sentences, and yet, you are the same person that filled up the forum with thousands of 'Good to be back' entries?
Nice recursivity your thoughts about
Stumpfsinn.

Walter Schmidtchen
19.08.2001, 11:40
War Ernst Jandl nicht irgendwie der Vater der teletubbies?

Hilde
19.08.2001, 11:46
Mein Freund Harvey, Ihre Beiträge gefallen mir am besten![/SIZE]

L Murasaki
19.08.2001, 16:32
..I like the word Stumpfsinn, or stumpfsinnig, because it has the connotation of impaired or attenuated sense perception .. and that's an important part of the problem, I think .. simple-minded doesn't have this association ..
..and now, I really have to go get some coffee!!

L Murasaki
19.08.2001, 16:33
..but Walter, before I go, was Ernst Jandl really the Father of the Teletubbies?

Staatsanwalt
19.08.2001, 16:56
lacoste, haben Sie das gewollt?
------------------
Ich klage an.

lacoste
19.08.2001, 16:59
Ich sage nichts ohne meinen Anwalt, aber der sitzt gerade in einer Eisdiele.
------------------
Herr Weber auch.

Larry Erbs
19.08.2001, 19:30
Unter google gibt es sieben Einträge zu jandl+teletubbies. Keiner deutet auf eine Verwandtschaftsbeziehung hin. Jandl hätte aber sicher eine bessere Sprache für diese knuddeligen Scheisshaufen gefunden als dieses gagaesque laalaabala welches sogar die Zielgruppe unterfordert. Die Generation die mit den Teletubbies aufwächst wird später mal eine ganz Gewalttätige. Kuschelig gewalttätig.

lilsista
27.07.2002, 21:31
Ach was. Die Teletubbies sind doch harmlos, ertragen können sie nur diejenigen Erwachsenen nicht, denen auch der Anblick des Dauergrinsers Dr. Strunz oder des Lamas Ole Nydahl das Blut in den Adern wallen lässt. Nur Erwachsene werden durch Fröhlichkeitsfaschismus aggressiv. Kinder finden die Teletubbies schlimmstenfalls lustig.
Mein Bub hat jedenfalls gern die Teletubbies gesehen, ebenso wie er gerne das ‚Röcheln der Mona Lisa’ von Jandl hört.
Merkwürdig fand ich allerdings die Assoziation meines Sohnes, als wir im Radio einmal zufällig einen katholischen Priester seine Sprechgesänge herunterleiern hörten, und er meinte, das klänge ja wie Ernst Jandl!

poldi
31.07.2002, 20:22
ernst jandl kann sich ja nun nicht mehr wehren.

inwiefern spielen es für das - abgegähnte? - forum hier eigentlich noch eine rolle, ob die texte selbstauferlegten vorgaben entsprechen? zentral: die zufälligkeit der begegnung.

honz
31.07.2002, 20:29
Inzwischen ist das alles vollkommen wurscht poldi, es geht nur noch darum, sich gegenseitig standesgemäß zu zerfleischen.

poldi
31.07.2002, 20:38
danke, honz, für prompten klartext.

DerCaptain
01.08.2002, 00:12
Pirsch! Döppelte der Gottelbock -
Von Sa-Atz zu Sa-Atz.
Wien - Heldenplatz