PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Bush, George W. (2nd hand paparazzi encounter)

Walter Groebchen
11.08.2001, 17:16
re: pass it on
Here's an honest to God account of one person's meeting with the President
in Philadelphia last week:
So when the President was here on July 4, I had the opportunity to shake his
hand. I wasn't sure if that was a good idea or not but I did it anyway, and
said to him, 'Mr. President, I hope you only serve four years. I'm very
disappointed in your work so far.' He kept smiling and shaking my hand but
answered, 'Who cares what you think?' His face stayed photo-op perfect,
but his eyes gave me a look that said, if we'd been drinking in
some frathouse in Texas, he'd've happily answered, 'Let's take it outside.'
A nasty little gleam.
But he was (fortunately) constrained by Presidential propriety. But that was
the end of it until I turned away and started scribbling the quote down in
my notepad, so as to remember the 'Gift' forever. When he saw me do
that, he got excited and craned his neck over the rubberneckers to shout at
me, 'Who are you with? Who are you with?' People started looking, so he
made a joke: 'Make sure you get it right.' But he kept at it: 'Who do you
write for?' I told him I wasn't 'with' anybody and pointed to one of his
staff people who knows me a little, and said, 'Ask him, he'll tell you.'

Then I split.
Half an hour later, my boss (who had helped organize the event we were
at) came up to me and said, 'Did you really tell the President that he was
doing a 'lousy fucking job'?' 'No way,' I said, 'I was very polite, I just
told him what I thought.' Fortunately, he believed me. He wasn't happy with
me, but he believed me. But anyway, if you ever wondered if the Prez really
is kind of a jerk, I'm here to tell you, he is, and I got The Gift to prove
it. I'm thinking of making up t-shirts so we can share The Gift with
everyone:

'Who cares what you think?' - President George W. Bush, July 4, 2001

> Andrew Hudson
> Spokesman, Mayor Wellington Webb
> 1437 Bannock Street, ST 350
> Denver, CO 80202

rupertjahn
17.08.2001, 17:37
Ok, Ok, Walter Groebchen hat sich wieder nicht an die Regeln gehalten, aber eine kleine Annahmebestätigung für diese Geschichte - auch wenn es nicht seine eigene ist - hat er doch verdient.

lacoste
18.08.2001, 05:11
Yes!!!

Ignaz Wrobel
18.08.2001, 08:21
Andrew Hudson dürfte wohl seinen Job als 'Spokesman' mittlerweile los sein... Oder sein Chef organisiert keine Veranstaltungen mehr für das Weiße Haus. Nette Geschichte...

L Murasaki
18.08.2001, 15:51
..Grrrrrgrrrrrgrrrrrgrrrr!!!!!!

I see the light!

L Murasaki
19.08.2001, 22:23
..Walter, I really like this story, there is a lot in it, but it would be a much better story with 1 small change .. Substitute the name Bill Clinton for George Bush..

Staatsanwalt
19.08.2001, 22:45
lacoste, haben Sie das gewollt?
------------------
Ich klage an.

lacoste
19.08.2001, 23:01
Ich sage nichts ohne meinen Anwalt, aber mein Anwalt ist im Biergarten!
------------------
Schöne Grüße von Herrn Weber, er ist im Biergarten!
(Beitrag wurde von lacoste am 19.08.2001 um 22:02 Uhr bearbeitet.)

Lenin
04.11.2002, 18:47
Mit scheint, dass G.W.Bushs Hass und Verleumdung keine Nachteile für Spokesman Andrew Hudson brachte. Sein Chef ist Bürgermeister von Denver und Demokrat. Ausserdem fand das shakehands nicht mit ihm, sondern einem gewissen Bill Langley statt.

Die T-Shirts mit "Who cares what you think?' - George W. Bush, July 4, 2001" (http://www.makethemaccountable.com/articles/Critic_Says_W_Was_Snippy.htm) wären ein Renner gewesen. Schade, aber toll.

(Off topic: interessanter Fund auf den offziellen Seiten von Denver war ein Formular zur freiwilligen Registrierung von Fahrrädern (http://www.denvergov.org/BikeRegistration.asp) "as a service to residents of the City & County of Denver. Provide the information requested below, and your bike will be placed on file" Kann so dem Fahrraddiebstahl ein Riegel vorgeschoben werden? Das Formular wird von der Site sogar in 13 verschiedenen Sprachen ausgegeben.)

TobiasAusBayern
22.07.2006, 23:08
Die T-Shirts mit "Who cares what you think?' - George W. Bush, July 4, 2001" (http://www.makethemaccountable.com/articles/Critic_Says_W_Was_Snippy.htm) wären ein Renner gewesen. Schade, aber toll.

Lenin, sonst stimme ich Ihnen zu, aber Verleumdung haben jetzt Sie gesagt. Snopes.com, die "Urban Legends Reference Pages" schreiben dazu recht schoen (http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/hangley.htm):

Of course, everyone wants to know, "Did it happen?" Mr. Hangley says it did. President Bush obviously isn't going to deign to confirm or deny the incident. We haven't seen any accounts from other spectators or presidential staff members who claim to have overhead the remark, so for now it's a toss-up: You believe Mr. Hangley, or you don't.

FritzWoelkchen
23.07.2006, 20:46
Ups.

FritzWoelkchen
23.07.2006, 20:47
Angefangen beim landläufig als dümmlich bekannten Gesichtsausdruck G.W. Bushs, in dem sich Gefühlsregungen, wie man sich leicht vorstellen kann, äusserst verzögert zeigen über die atlantikweite Distanz zwischen dem Beitragssteller und dem Andrew Hudson und weiter die Kausalkette in Betracht ziehend, die der Effekt von Bushs vermeintlichen "Who cares"-Spruch bis zur Verwirklichung eines Funshirts und damit zur Alternierung des Straßenbilds hier und dort durchlaufen muss bis hin zu den dreieinhalb Jahren, die zwischen Lenins und Tobias Beiträgen ins Land gezogen sind, lässt sich leicht erkennen, dass dies offenbar ein Strang der besonders langen Leitungen ist. Unglaublich!